Anyone else notice the drop in room temperature recently? Time for cooler weather drinking! Test out your mixing skills with these 4 Autumnal Champagne Cocktails
1. French 75 Cocktail
Inspired by the firepower of the famous French 75 light field gun, used during the First World War. Originally the "75 Cocktail", the ingredients were added to after the War and it became known as the French 75.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar syrup
- 50ml gin
- lemon zest
Pour the lemon juice, sugar syrup, and gin into a cocktail shaker then fill up with ice.
Shake well then strain into a Champagne flute. Top with a little Champagne, leave to settle (as it will bubble up) then fill up with more Champagne. Swirl gently with a cocktail stirrer then garnish with a strip of lemon zest if you like.
2. Classic Champagne Cocktail
One of the oldest cocktails, dating back to at least the mid-1880s. It truly is a classic.
- 1 white sugar cube
- 2 dashes bitters
- 20ml cognac
- enough Champagne to fill the glass
- Place the sugar cube onto a spoon and add the bitters.
- Drop the soaked sugar cube into a Champagne flute and add the cognac.
- Top up the glass with champagne and serve.
3. Sloegasm Cocktail
A twist on a classic Kir Royale, this Champagne cocktail made from sloe gin and either Champagne or prosecco is easy-to-make and delicious.
- 25ml sloe gin
- 75ml Champagne, Prosecco, or sparkling wine (chilled)
1. Put the gin in the Champagne glass first and then top up with champagne.
4. Champagne Mojito
If you love mojitos and Champagne, this will be the cocktail of your dreams.
- 5 mint leaves
- 25ml rum
- juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tsp sugar syrup
- a few dashes of Angostura bitters
- ice cubes
- Put a few ice cubes into a wine glass then hold the mint leaves in the palm of one hand and clap your other hand over it – this will bruise the leaves just enough without making them bitter.
- Drop the leaves into the glass then pour over the rum, lime, sugar syrup, and Angostura bitters.
- Stir very gently, then slowly top with Champagne.
Alastair Harrison, Founder of Park Lane Champagne
About Park Lane Champagne
For over 25 years we’ve helped our customers celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, events and staff in style with a range of products including personalised champagne, personalised wine, personalised whisky and gift hampers.